–Wiener Staatsoper: Main opera house in Vienna and one of the most relevant theatres in the whole world.
– The Royal Opera House at Covent Garden: All the information on current and past seasons, tickets, news, etc.
– Metropolitan Opera House: Main opera house in New York City and a first-rank theater in the operatic world. Do not miss it.
– The Warburg Institute is concerned mainly with cultural history, art history and history of ideas, especially in the Renaissance. It aims to promote and conduct research on the interaction of cultures, using verbal and visual materials. It specializes in the influence of ancient Mediterranean traditions on European culture from the Middle Ages to the modern period. Colloquia – Public Lectures – Seminars – Reading Classes – Workshops
– Centre for Early Modern Exchanges. The Centre for Early Modern Exchanges is dedicated to the study of the diverse cultural, historical, economic and social exchanges between England and Europe, European countries, the Old World and the New in the period 1450-1800.
– www.billviola.com “Bill Viola (b.1951) is internationally recognized as one of today’s leading artists. He has been instrumental in the establishment of video as a vital form of contemporary art, and in so doing has helped to greatly expand its scope in terms of technology, content, and historical reach…”.
“It all started as an experiment. With audiences for traditional performances declining, at Knight Foundation we were looking for a way to remind people of how important the classical arts are to their lives. About the same time, a friend sent me a video from a market in Seville, Spain, where a guy selling ham behind a counter bursts into an aria at the top of his lungs…”
– Ars theatrica: Information, reviews, news and research on the Spanish stage, both current and historical. Edited and maintained by Evangelina Rodríguez Cuadros (E.R.C.), Tatiana Jordá (T.J.), Robert March (R.M.), Javier García Gibert (J.G.G.) y Cristina María Carballal (C.M.C.).
– La SEMYR: the “Sociedad de Estudios Medievales y Renacentistas” was founded by Pedro Cátedra, its current Presidente honorario. It hosts seminars and congresses and issues calls for papers related to the early-modern period.
– Estudios emocionales. Historia y filosofía de la experiencia. Madrid. CSIC.
– The History of Emotions Blog at Queen Mary University of London: “Currently edited by Thomas Dixon and Jules Evans, with contributions by scholars, writers, and artists from around the world on all aspects of the historical and contemporary significance of feeling, passion, sentiment, and emotion…”
– Celso Albelo is one of the leading bel canto tenors. He specializes in Mozart, Rossini, Bellini, Donizetti and Verdi roles.
– María José Moreno. One of the most natural and earnest lirico-leggero soprano voices in current opera. Her repertoire encompasses Donizetti’s Lucia (Lucia di Lammermoor), but also Mozart’s Zerlina (Don Giovanni)…, which she sings while riding her bicycle on stage.